[Serusers] Repost: Three-way conferencing

Atle Samuelsen clona at camaro.no
Sat Dec 18 12:30:34 CET 2004

Hi Dave. Sorry to be a little groumpy, but if everybody would repost
everything, it would be a caos. You will proberbly get your answer when
its your time.

I've sometimes waited days to get a answer, not everybody is scanning
the mailiglist every 5 miniute the day over.

-Atle

* Dave <ddx66 at yahoo.com> [041217 16:37]:
> Can someone please provide me some hints/answers to
> the following questions. I had posted this a few days
> ago and have not received any answers...
>
> 1) I realize that the SEMS has a conferencing module -
> But from what I understand, each user who wants to
> participate in a conference would be "dialing" a
> specific conferencing URI and they would all be
> bridged and conferencing can take place. Is this
> correct?

yes

> 2) A convenient and more realistic scenario is when I
> am on a call with someone and I'd like to conference
> in someone. Normally, I would put the first user on
> hold, Dial a key sequence followed by the  phone
> number of the person I'd like to conference in. Once
> the person picks up, I can bring the other person
> on-line and the conference can take place.
>
> What does one require to make this happen? From what I
> read, the User Agents have to support this
> functionality (mixing?). Can this be done via an ATA
> or do I need IP Phones?  Which ATA/IP Phones  supports
> this? Secondly, I assume I'd still require SEMS to act
> as a media server? Is this correct? Vonage supports
> this feature, so does this imply that the ATA that
> they supply provides built-in support?

There are both ATA's and Phones that has this feature.
like, Sipura ATA and Cisco phones has it..

-ATle