[Serusers] Repost: Three-way conferencing

Dave ddx66 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 16:37:05 CET 2004

Can someone please provide me some hints/answers to
the following questions. I had posted this a few days
ago and have not received any answers...

1) I realize that the SEMS has a conferencing module -
But from what I understand, each user who wants to
participate in a conference would be "dialing" a
specific conferencing URI and they would all be
bridged and conferencing can take place. Is this
correct?

2) A convenient and more realistic scenario is when I
am on a call with someone and I'd like to conference
in someone. Normally, I would put the first user on
hold, Dial a key sequence followed by the  phone
number of the person I'd like to conference in. Once
the person picks up, I can bring the other person
on-line and the conference can take place.

What does one require to make this happen? From what I
read, the User Agents have to support this
functionality (mixing?). Can this be done via an ATA
or do I need IP Phones?  Which ATA/IP Phones  supports
this? Secondly, I assume I'd still require SEMS to act
as a media server? Is this correct? Vonage supports
this feature, so does this imply that the ATA that
they supply provides built-in support?