[Serusers] Does SER do that?

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Thu Dec 16 17:57:54 CET 2004

Nice! Care to share the app? :-) heehee

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Nay [mailto:dnay at IONOSPHERE.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 10:39 AM
To: Matt Schulte; Alberto Martínez; serusers at lists.iptel.org
Subject: RE: [Serusers] Does SER do that?

Yes, this can be done to some degree.

I've written a perl script that queries the "acc" table and keeps track of current calls.  The only issue is that occasionally if a call is not broken down correctly (ie. SER did not receive the BYE) then you may have some calls reported to stay up when actually they are not.

However, the best way to keep track of concurrent calls is to use mediaproxy.  It always knows exactly how many calls are up because it carries the audio for each call.  Much more accurate than using sers "acc" table.

That being said, we still use the "acc" table method because we prefer that the audio streams not ride our network.  It saves cost on bandwidth and we've found that the voice quality is better directly from IAD to PSTN/IAD and not relayed through an RTP proxy.

Darren