[Serusers] SER forwarding to Asterisk

Girish gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 14:57:26 CET 2004

Hi,

--- Joao Pereira <joao.pereira at fccn.pt> wrote:
> I also think that the rewritehostport("Asterisk_ip : Asterisk_port")  should
> work, maybe the problem is in the Asterisk configuration...
>
> In the extensions.conf, I must put the extension   (    exten =>
> _00NXX.,1,Dial,OH323/${EXTEN}    )
> in one context, In witch context should I put it?

I dont think that the problem is with SER. I never faced any problems in using rewritehostprot for
call re-direction. Most probably your problem could be in the Asterisk dialplan.

exten => _.,1,Dial,OH323/${EXTEN}

Try adding that in the default context. Enable sip debug on the Asterisk console and check if the
packets from SER are reaching Asterisk. If they reach, see why they are dropped. My guess is that
the packets reach an incorrect context in Asterisk dialplan and hence dropped. Also, it could be a
codec issue.

Remove the above dial statement once you figure out the problem. Adding such a line in the default
context is not suggested.

Good Luck!

=====
Girish Gopinath  <gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com>