[Serusers] Dynamic Invite Timer w/AVPOPS

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Fri Dec 3 12:20:26 CET 2004

Hi Paul,

you can control final_response_timer and final_response_invite_timer via
  avps. Set in TM fr_inv_avp / fr_inv_timer_avp parameters with some AVP
string names and use AVPOPS to give values to these AVPS:

modparam("tm","fr_inv_timer_avp","inv_timeout")

avp_write("20","inv_timeout"); # set timeout to 20 sec
t_relay();

Best regards,
Marian

Java Rockx wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I thought I read something a while ago about using avpops to dymanically change the INVITE timer -
> but I can't seem to find that thread.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is possible?
>
> I'd like to have a shorter INVITE timer for SIP->SIP calls and a longer INVITE timer for SIP->PSTN
> calls. We see some 408 replies because a SIP phone is dialing a cell phone and get transfered to
> the voicemail of the cell phone user, but to prevent the 408 due to a slow voicemail system we
> have our INVITE timer currently set at 40 seconds which is rather annoying for SIP->SIP calls.
>
> I'm using -dev-21
>
> Regards,
> Paul

Voice Sistem