[Serusers] Dynamic Invite Timer w/AVPOPS

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 06:54:30 CET 2004

Hi All.

I thought I read something a while ago about using avpops to dymanically change the INVITE timer -
but I can't seem to find that thread.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

I'd like to have a shorter INVITE timer for SIP->SIP calls and a longer INVITE timer for SIP->PSTN
calls. We see some 408 replies because a SIP phone is dialing a cell phone and get transfered to
the voicemail of the cell phone user, but to prevent the 408 due to a slow voicemail system we
have our INVITE timer currently set at 40 seconds which is rather annoying for SIP->SIP calls.

I'm using -dev-21

Regards,
Paul