[Serusers] Is there an interface to PostGreSQL instead of mySQL?

Greg Fausak greg at addabrand.com
Thu Aug 26 16:09:10 CEST 2004

John,

Download the source.

In the modules directory there is 'mysql' and there is also 'postgres'.
You can edit the main Makefile, remove 'postgres' from the
exclude_modules declaration.  Compile and install.

I have not worked with the 0.8.14 version at all.  I know the postgres
works
with 0.8.12, I've been using in production.  There is probably some
work to be done to
make postgres module work with 0.8.14, I don't know.  I need to make
some time
to work on that, but I haven't yet.

Please keep this on the list!

---greg

On Aug 25, 2004, at 11:53 PM, John Draper wrote:

> Greg Fausak wrote:
>
>> I am pretty sure it is already there.
>> I released it when I wrote it.
>>
>> It is used just like mysql via a .so file.
>>
> I was reading the installation notes for installing SER on OpenBSD,
> and
> in the INSTALL document,   I quote;
>
> - libmysqlclient & libz (zlib) if you want mysql support (the mysql
> module)
> - libexpat if you want the jabber gateway support (the jabber module)
>
> What about for PostGreSQL?   Are there any libraries I have to compile
> into "SER" like you see above for "mySQL".
>
> Do you have the build instructions for linking "SER" to PostGreSQL?
>
> I don't see any documentation that describes how to add PostGreSQL
> support in the SER build instructions.
>
> John

Greg Fausak
www.AddaBrand.com