[Serusers] SER and the SPA3000

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Aug 9 22:39:20 CEST 2004

Juha Heinanen wrote:

>andres,
>
>how about selecting the gw in ser based on caller's domain?

There is just one domain (all our subs belong to one domain).  And the
gateways are the SPA3000 which register dynamically as simply another
UA.  So gateways cannot be thought of as in the traditional sense.  Even
if they had static IPs, it would be a nightmare to manage say 1000 FXO
personal gateways.

The way this works for example is a sub purchases 2 accounts.  Account
1000 is for UA1(ATA186 for example) and account 1001 is for the
FXO1(Sipura 3000).  Both are separate hardware devices located in
different places(and both register with SER).  UA1 places a call to
1001, the FXO port will answer and give him local dial tone.  UA1 then
passess DTMF digits to the local telco attached to the FXO1.  But the
sub does not want anybody on our network to access line 1001, just those
predefined on the FXO1 username/password digest definition (inside the
SPA3000 config).

UA1 (1000) ------>SER--------->FXO1 (1001) ----> PSTN

There are other ways to authenticate the caller like via a PIN or Caller
ID.  But we are trying to see if digest authentication is also possible.

--
Andres
Network Admin