[Serusers] SER and the SPA3000

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Aug 9 20:38:10 CEST 2004

>andres,
>
>why is authentication done by ser not enough?
>
>-- juha

Lets say we have 5000 subscribers.  One of them signs up for and
additional account with an SPA3000(FXO Port).  If the SPA3000 does not
authenticate the incoming INVITE, then any of our 5000 subscribers can
authenticate with our SER and then use this guys FXO port on the
SPA3000.  The idea is that only his "authorized users" can use his FXO
port.  The SPA3000 has room for up to 8 accounts for digest
authentication, so he can select up to 8 firends/family to use his
personal gateway.

Hope this is a bit more clear.

--
Andres