[Serusers] Problem with MS Messenger and SER 8.12 - "Service unavailable"

Morris, Scott MorrisS at orau.gov
Sun Aug 8 17:27:35 CEST 2004

I am running SER 8.12 (with radius modules) on a Redhat Linux ES 3.0 system.
My client is MS Windows Messenger 4.72.   I start MS Windows Messenger and
quickly receive the following message:

	"Signing in to Communications Service failed because the service is
temporarily unavailable."

I have attached the ngrep from the server, and also a packet capture at the
client workstation running MS Win Messenger.

I am registering as morriss at orau.gov, and I believe the coxT at orau.gov is
showing up because this person is one my contact list.

Scott Morris
Enterprise Network Engineer
DOE - ORAU / ORISE
865-576-4672