[Serusers] account + IP binding

Antanas Masevicius antanas.masevicius at z1sys.com
Mon Aug 2 10:03:11 CEST 2004

hi,

As i understand it would be virtually impossible to replay with proper
timestamp for certain request and with required ip, but nevetheless it
would be possible to fake required source_ip and in that case my patch
(posted earlier on this list) wouldn't help too. Adding source ip to nonce
would remove additional administrative burden, isn't it? Probably the only
advanatage of authorization by entering IP adresses separately would be
independance  from any other encryption or authorization mechanisms which
could be used with SIP.

Antanas