[Serusers] account + IP binding

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Sun Aug 1 22:28:59 CEST 2004

No, but I have this on my todo list. Currently it is possible to re-use
credentials generated by user agent A also by user agent B provided that
it can sniff the SIP messages and it is fast enough to send another
message including the sniffed credentials. The credentials have limited
lifetime (1 minute by default) so after 1 minute they cannot be re-used
in other SIP messages.

If you have two user agents connected to the same hub (so that they can
see SIP messages of each other) then you can modify one of them to steal
the calls to the other user agent using sniffed digest credentials.

I am thinking about including the source IP address of the SIP message
and some other header fields (Contact) into nonce to eliminate this
weakness.

  Jan.