[Serusers] Date header in INVITEs

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Apr 27 00:50:19 CEST 2004

Has anyone already implemented a Date: header for INVITEs in an easy
and fast method?  I'm looking for a quick plug-in that will send the
date in GMT format that looks like this (in strftime format):

Date: %a, %d %b %Y %T GMT

where %a is day of week (three letter), %d is the day of the month
(01-31), %b is abbreviated month name (three digit), %Y is the year
as a decimal number including century, and %T is the time in 24 hour
notation (HH:MM:SS)

I have some SIP UA devices which set the timestamp of outgoing calls
on caller ID (analog phones.)  SNTP is not an option, so using a
Date: header is the next best thing.  Maybe someone who has already
incorporated this into SER might have something handy and save some
time on my end...

JT