[Serusers] rtp proxy recommendations?

AG Projects support support at ag-projects.com
Thu Apr 22 21:22:27 CEST 2004

Hello Andy,

SER MediaProxy has fail-over mechanism and achieve what you want. Using
DNS SRV records you  may distribute the load among any number of boxes
you have.

http://www.ag-projects.com/SER_Media_Proxy.html

--
Adrian

Hi Jan,

thanks for your answer.
however, How does this solution scale?
I may have a large number of users behind NAT.

Is it possible to have a failover.. i.e. send to to rtpproxy1, if it is
down/busy send to rtpproxy2, rtpproxy3, etc? From what I can see in the
source code there can only be one rtpproxy at a time. Is this correct?
Or
am I missing something.

Is anyone deploying a large number of users using rtpproxy? What have
you
found?

regards,
Andy