[Serusers] www and proxy authentication

R mypop3mail at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 01:10:14 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am using x-lite softphone. If I put the non-existing
"username", it doesn't allow me to login because if it
fails www_challenge. However if I still have the
correct "authentication user", I can still pass
proxy_challenge and make the call even though the
<from> field has the wrong address. Do it mean someone
can appear to be another caller or non-existing caller
to make the call? Is this normal according to RFC or
ser?

Thanks,
Richard