[Serusers] Re: Strange error on registration

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Mon Apr 5 19:49:45 CEST 2004

Jan,

>   I see, please restart the server to see if it disappears. If yes then
>   it is working as expected, if no then there is a bug in usrloc.

Yes, it disappeared about 20 seconds after (re)start with:

Apr  5 18:45:54 ser-1 ser[7237]: Binding
'alex at adomain.net','sip:alex at 222.11.222.111:5060' has expired

>   OK, I thought that you were using db_mode 2. Mode 2 will not complain
>   about this because it does all writes in background. Mode one is does
>   all reads and writes immediately so if db fails then the request
>   fails.
>
>   You are right, in db_mode 1 ser should recover, I will fix this,
>   thanks a lot !

Thanks. We are using mode 1 to facilitate immediate failover. As you
say, it looks like the error from doing the write synchronously is
causing the problem.

Alex