[Serusers] SER as Stateful UA

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Sun Apr 4 20:56:58 CEST 2004

On 02-04 08:28, Steven Kokinos wrote:
> I agree with your take, but after some effort agree that it seems SER
> can't directly support it right now, though it would seem the code
> changes wouldn't be too difficult.
>
> I'll try using sipsak as klaus suggested just to see if i can't get
> that workaround to function. however, until ser implements this I think
> what I am going to have to do is use asterisk as a gateway/media
> server, and have calls to/from the pstn routed there.

  Using sipsak (as proposed by Klaus) is a good solution for this, you
  can configure Contact header field to point to your proxy and the
  proxy does not have to take care of the registration.

  We are not going to implement this (registration with digest) in SER
  because it does not belong there (ser is a proxy).

    Jan.