[Serusers] Missing mysql.so module

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sun Apr 4 10:41:23 CEST 2004

On Apr 03, 2004 at 17:25, Martin Coggin <martin at mc2-consulting.co.uk> wrote:
> When I check the ser.cfg file, which is set up according Chapter 3.1 of
> the Dan Austin SER Howto I got this error:

>  0(6666) ERROR: load_module: could not open module
> </usr/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so>: /usr/lib/ser/modules/mysq
> so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>  0(6666) parse error (29,13-43): failed to load module
>

> Sure enough the mysql.so module is not in /usr/lib/ser/modules/

If you installed ser from sources:
 make all include_modules=mysql
 make install include_modules=mysql
 (the mysql module is not compiled by default)

 You would need also the libmysqlclient devel package
 (libmysqlclient-dev on debian).

If you installed from a debian package, install also
ser-mysql-module_0.8.12_i386.deb
(ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/ser/latest/packages/debian/stable/).

Andrei