[Serusers] Missing mysql.so module

Martin Coggin martin at mc2-consulting.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 18:25:30 CEST 2004

When I check the ser.cfg file, which is set up according Chapter 3.1 of
the Dan Austin SER Howto I got this error:

 0(6666) ERROR: load_module: could not open module
</usr/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so>: /usr/lib/ser/modules/mysq
so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 0(6666) parse error (29,13-43): failed to load module

Sure enough the mysql.so module is not in /usr/lib/ser/modules/
I read through the mailing list and find a number of references to this
sort of problem but nothing that seems directly relevant.  I have
installed mysql using apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client.  Mysql
installed ok and I was also able to run ser_mysql.sh successfully.  Two
users set up and also the ser database was set up successfully.  I note
that the tables created were a bit different to that shown in the howto
ie 19 rows not 14 as shown.  Didn't bother to check why there was a
difference though.

I have used the stable debian version of SER.

Best regards Martin Coggin

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended solely for the person to whom it is
addressed.  If you have received this email in error please delete it
immediately and also reply to me to let me know.  Thank you for your
help.