[Serusers] FCP module in SER

jaime.gil at orange.co.uk jaime.gil at orange.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 11:23:25 CEST 2003

Kevin,

>I checked the debug message from fcpd and I saw message like this one:
>>> fcpd[4541]: INTERPRET: succesfully reserved IP=16885952 Port=1122-1123
>for origin IP=1694607552 Port=42446-42447

That message tells that the fcpd deamon has reserved an IP address, but does not
necessarily say that iptables rules have been set.
>From that info, the fcp module gets the external address/port that the NAT will
use for the outgoing SIP message.
It usually came up when a "QUERYNAT" command was sent to the fcpd and it
answered positively.

To actually reserve the rules, you should see a "SET" command going from the fcp
module to the fcpd deamon.

If you have any ethereal traces, I might be able to help you further.

Jaime

Important.
Confidentiality: This communication is intended for the above-named person and
may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any opinions expressed in this
communication are not necessarily those of the company. If it has come to you
in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to
anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.

Monitoring/Viruses
Orange may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current
legislation.  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

Orange PCS Limited is a subsidiary of Orange SA and is registered in England No
2178917, with its address at St James Court, Great Park Road, Almondsbury Park,
Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QJ.