[Serusers] Implementing Voicemail-Round 2- t_newtran ERROR

Gavin Bensom gavinb2i at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 23:40:58 CEST 2003

Steve and all,
Did you ever get resolution on the issue of the timeout and t_on_failure commands killing or routing PSTN calls to voicemail?

I looked through the mail archives and it isn't clear what the resolution was. I'm running into the same problem. If I set t_on_failure to occur after a certain timeout, outgoing PSTN calls fail after that timeout as well.

In fact, it seems that calls fail after the timeout even if t_on_failure isn't set.

I've successfully gotten outgoing PSTN calls being handled by a different t_relay than incoming or internal network calls.

What did you do to resolve the issue?

My config.

RedHat 9.0
kernel 2.4.20-20smp
ser 0.8.11 (i386/linux)
main.c, v 1.162.2.5

Also, when a Status: 486 (busy) is encountered on the recieving party side, or a timeout occurs due to fr_inv_timer, I'm getting this error in my log

Sep 25 14:07:56 jiffypop /usr/local/sbin/ser[23164]: ERROR: t_newtran: transaction already in process 0x422c0b38

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?
ser.cft and ngrep output attached.

Thanks,

Steve Dolloff <sdolloff at noc.dls.net> wrote:

>> I did place this portion inside the myself check
>>and it still tries to transfer to vm after the time expires.

>I'm puzzled -- did not you want to transfer to vm after the time
expires?

I will try to make this clearer. I am behind an ATA with a SIP proxy of
209.242.10.153. If I call someone else registered on my domain and they
are not available, I want to go to voice mail. If I call 1-800-555-1212
from my phone, I do not want my sip proxy to reroute the call to
voicemail after 10 seconds if no one answers(or ever for that matter).
Right now if I dial 18005551212 from my handset, I see the destination
as sip:18005551212 at 209.242.10.153 on the server which matches to myself
and ser tries to send it to voicemail.

Someone calling into the network is not a problem. They will never hit
our server unless the destination is local.

>>This is the part that I really need help with! When the call timer
>>fails, the call goes to the route[1]. How do I get it into voice mail
>>from that point?

>See bellow, I think that should work.

This is what I had originally, and I get the following syslog.

Sep 10 16:36:36 voip2 ser: parse error (127,37-38): Command cannot be
used in the block
Sep 10 16:36:36 voip2 ser: ERROR: bad config file (1 errors)
Sep 10 16:36:36 voip2 ser: ser startup failed

Is says that vm is not valid in the block. According the admin guide,
only certain commands can be used within a failure block. I assume that
is the problem here. If not, please let me know as this is exactly what
I want to do.