[Serusers] SER question - Has anyone been able to successfully use Polycom SIP phones with SER?

Snyder, Scott A scott.snyder at pnl.gov
Wed Sep 17 19:54:24 CEST 2003

SERusers,

I am working on a pilot for SIP and am planning to purchase a server and
install SER on it.  I need to purchase several SIP hardphones to test
and wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations.  Are most of the
"SIP compatible" phones out there still proprietary to a particular
server?  The phone in particular I was looking at is the Polycom
Soundpoint IP 600, which won the "Editor's Choice" in a review by
Network Computing
http://www.nwc.com/shared/printArticle.jhtml?article=/1416/1416f2full.ht
ml&pub=nwc .  If this will not work, does anyone have ANY hardphone
recommendations?  Polycom says their product has only been tested with
Broadcom's SIP server.

I apologize for being such a newb...I am still trying to read up on SIP
and understand the big picture.  I appreciate any help or feedback.

Thanks,
Scott