[Serusers] where is ser.cfg used on iptel.org server?

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Sun Sep 7 22:04:40 CEST 2003

Hello, comments inline.

On 07-09 21:30, Felix Schmid wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I remember having read somewhere that the 'ser.cfg' file used at
> 'iptel.org' can be downloaded somewhere in order to be used as an
> example for many of the functionalities ser offers. Unfortunately I
> can't remember where I read this, nor did I find it on the ftp server...
> :(
>
> Is this config file still available for download?

  No, unfortunately it is not available anymore.

> I am mainly asking because I am looking for an answer for the following
> phenomenon:
> I have SER running on my home network (on the gateway). When I try to
> send an IM to my account at iptel.org using kphone and I use my gateway
> SER as an outbound proxy, everything runs smoothly; I get a message back
> from iptel.org that the IM will be delivered to me as soon as I login
> the next time (what will not happen until I solved the NAT problem ;)).
> Now, when I try the same without using my gateway as an outbound proxy,
> I get the beloved message from iptel.org that it doesn't like my private
> Contact address.
>
> The only way the two requests differ is that the one using the outbound
> proxy uses a record-route

  This is a bug in our configuration because Contact header field
  shouldn't be checked in MESSAGEs. We will fix it, thanks.

  And now why you get different response when you use a record-routing
  proxy.

  If a SIP messages contains Record-Route header field then we
  do not check what is in the Contact, because the server will not use
  the header field anyway. Further messages will be sent to the URI in
  the Record-Route. Inserting a private IP into Contact is perfectly
  legal in this case because the record routing proxy might be in a
  private address space and probably knows how to route such requests.

  If there is no Record-Route then our proxy uses Contact to route
  further requests and thus it check if the URI in the Contact is
  reachable.

    Jan.