[Serusers] where is ser.cfg used on iptel.org server?

Felix Schmid felix at belugalounge.net
Sun Sep 7 21:30:27 CEST 2003

Hello,

I remember having read somewhere that the 'ser.cfg' file used at
'iptel.org' can be downloaded somewhere in order to be used as an
example for many of the functionalities ser offers. Unfortunately I
can't remember where I read this, nor did I find it on the ftp server...
:(

Is this config file still available for download?

I am mainly asking because I am looking for an answer for the following
phenomenon:
I have SER running on my home network (on the gateway). When I try to
send an IM to my account at iptel.org using kphone and I use my gateway
SER as an outbound proxy, everything runs smoothly; I get a message back
from iptel.org that the IM will be delivered to me as soon as I login
the next time (what will not happen until I solved the NAT problem ;)).
Now, when I try the same without using my gateway as an outbound proxy,
I get the beloved message from iptel.org that it doesn't like my private
Contact address.

The only way the two requests differ is that the one using the outbound
proxy uses a record-route

I have attached the ngrep logfile, if anyone can explain me this
behaviour I'd be glad.

regards,
felix

--