[Serusers] RTP Proxy and SER

Stephen Miles smiles at callplus.co.nz
Thu Oct 30 22:53:29 CET 2003

THanks for that Andrei, all sorted.

One last thing, getting a call from the PSTN to go to a soft phone
registered with ser. I have tried a few route clauses like if
method==invite lookup location etc but it doesn't seem to be working. Is
there a simple thing I am missing here?

Thanks
Stephen

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2003 at 17:55, Stephen Miles <smiles at callplus.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>Hi Andrei,
>>
>>I have grabbed the latest cvs version and have compiled it and seems to
>>be running ok. I now get an error 5(3681) ERROR: extract_mediaip: no
>>`c=' in SDP when I try to place a call from a soft phone on my laptop
>>through the ser proxy running on the proxy box. Any ideas?
>

> The 'c=' in SDP specifies the IP address you use for receiving media.
> It shouldn't be missing (see RFC 2327  "SDP: Session Description Protocol").
>

>>Also is there a way to get ser to forward/relay registers to another server?
>>We have a SIP server (broadsoft) setup and I need all the register and
>>call info, and calls to be routed from ser to the broadsoft server.
>

> Yes, you can do this stateless or statefull.
>
> stateless:
> forward("server", port);
>
> statefull:
> make sure the tm module is loaded:
>
> t_relay_to_udp("server", port);
>
>>Is it possible to set ser up as just a proxy where it takes the client
>>request and then proxies it to our other sip server?
>

> Yes, see above and set ser+nathelper box as outbound proxy for you ua.
>
> You should also  record route everything, to make sure all the
> subsequent requests in the dialogs pass through your proxy (if you are
> using it for nat traversal you want this).
> For a record routing example see the default ser.cfg (on cvs sources in
> etc/ser.cfg) and copy the loose_route & record_route stuff.
>

> More info about configuring ser: http://www.iptel.org/ser/admin.html
> (a little bit outdated)
>

> Andrei

This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately via email and then destroy this message and any attachments.