[Serusers] t_uac_dlg() bug ?

Jim Burwell jimb at jsbc.cc
Thu Oct 30 16:46:06 CET 2003

Hi,

I was trying to get click-to-dial working from SERweb and it was failing
for unclear reasons.  I then experimented with the "ctd.sh" script,
which does the same thing as the SERweb PHP code.  I found that it would
fail during the 'dummy invite' stage, returning an odd error if I used a
URI which used a SIP domain/realm, but would work fine if I used the IP
address of the SIP proxy as the domain.  i.e.:

    ./ctd.sh sip:joebob at mydomain.com sip:billybob at mydomain.com   <- fails
    ./ctd.sh sip:joebob at 1.2.3.4 sip:billybob at mydomain.com        <- succeeds

The reply from SER would be "500 fifo_uac: no mem for hf block" .  The
log file would have these errors:

    ERROR: mk_proxy: could not resolve hostname: "mydomain.com"
    ERROR: uri2proxy: bad host name in URI <sip:joebob at mydomain.com>
    ERROR: uri2sock: Can't create a dst proxy
    ERROR: get_hf_block: send_sock failed
    ERROR: fifo_uac: no mem for hf block

So it appears that SER didn't understand that the URI's domain was
itself, even though there's a host alias line in the ser.cfg file
listing "mydomain.com" as an alias for this host.  It's as if it thinks
it needed to relay the transaction to another SIP router, and look up an
IP to do so.  If "mydomain.com" were placed in /etc/hosts as an alias
for the system SER was running on, or if a DNS SRV entry for the SIP
domain were created pointing to the SER system, voila, the
"sip:user at domain" form would work just fine.

Is this a bug ?  I think SER isn't checking SER host aliases against the
SIP domain if the SIP request comes in via the fifo t_uac_dlg() command.

I'm using the SER release 0.8.11-r1, aka the "stable CVS" release.

TIA,
Jim

|         Jim Burwell - Sr. Systems/Network/Security Engineer, JSBC         |
| "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." - Mark Twain   |
| "UNIX was never designed to keep people from doing stupid things, because |
|  that policy would also keep them from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn  |
| "Cool is only three letters away from Fool" - Mike Muir, Suicyco          |
| "..Government in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst     |
|  state an intolerable one.." - Thomas Paine, "Common Sense" (1776)        |
|   Email:  jimb at jsbc.cc                              ICQ UIN:  1695089     |
|  Reply problems ?  Turn off the "sign" function in email prog.  Blame MS. |