[Serusers] Please.... suggestion about SER

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Thu Oct 30 00:45:11 CET 2003

Hello,

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 23:52, Ivan Dario Salazar wrote:
> I was reading SER description when a friend of mine told me about JTAPI, a
> java telephony API
> I would be gratefuled if you explain me if this is for telephony ip and how
> is SER relationed with it

Sorry i dont know much about JTAPI, but SER is a signaling proxy/server. So i
guess both are not comparable.

> I'm also worried about wath kind of development can i do Being based on
> SER, and one last thing

Most people do only implement extensions or adaptions to SER for their own
network environment.
If you look at JTAPI, you are probably more interested in SEMS (see the link
on our homepage), our media server. As this a younger project there is a lot
space for creativity and new extensions.

> I only have a computer with 16MB on ram, 2GB on Hard Disk and pentium 120
> MHZ, what could i do in order to install SER on it, i mean what version and
> all that..

Compilation is no fun on such a machine, but also the latest version (0.8.11)
should run fine on your computer. Maybe memory could be a problem if you run
additional/other applications on this computer too.

Greets
  Nils