[Serusers] cisco phone domain

Daniel Medina medina at columbia.edu
Wed Oct 29 22:35:12 CET 2003

Hi,

 We've just installed ser we've noticed that when placing a call from a
Cisco IP phone the "From:" is set to "username at serserver.domain.com"
rather than the expected "username at domain.com".  Other SIP clients
(we've tested with MS Messenger) don't exhibit this problem.

 At first we thought ser was re-writing this, but ngrep revealed that to
not be the case (the phone was actually sending this information).
Inserting "rewritehost("domain.com")" into the config didn't seem to
alter this any.

 The phone is configured with the hostname serserver.domain.com as the
SIP server.

 Any idea why this is happening?

 (Apologies for the skimpiness of the details; I can follow up with
config information, models, etc, but I was hoping someone had seen this
before and had an idea).

--
Dan