[Serusers] SIP Instant Messaging UA

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Tue Oct 28 12:58:43 CET 2003

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 12:11, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> 4.6 and 4.7 are mostly ok, but 5 breaks the specification quite violently.

Just a short note: some users on the lists reported that older MSN Messenger
(4.6 and 4.7) use the libs (DLL's?) of a newer version (if it was installed
on the system before) and thus inherit the behavior of 5.0.
As far as i understood it you have to remove the libs by hand (please search
the list for details) and reinstall the old MSN Messenger version again, if
you want to have the original behavior.
(I better spare now a comment about the Windows DLL hell :-)

Greeets
  Nils