[Serusers]SIP Gateway

Director General: NEFACOMP dg at nefacomp.net
Fri Oct 24 13:05:48 CEST 2003

You asked:
    >> Does the mediatrix be assigned a number too?
Can you explain?
Normally each port on the Mediatrix is like a UA (like Xten, ... [I might be
wrong!!])
That is why, the account you tell it to use should be created in SER first.

NGREP can be found at http://ngrep.sourceforge.net/
After installing it you may use [>>>>>ngrep port 5060] to watch the traffic
on port 5060.

When you get the dial tone, what do you do with it? Normally you should be
able to dial a number to call.
For example if the Xten software is running on your PC and registered to use
500 as main alias, after getting the dial tone (with the phone connected to
the Mediatrix) you may dial 500 without hanging up and your UA will start
ringing on the PC.

Can you tell me in more details how your devices are interconnected?

Thanks
Emery