[Serusers] dbtext module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Oct 23 18:38:11 CEST 2003

Hello,

On 10/23/2003 3:11 PM, Annie Sasidar wrote:

>Hi,
> I have some questions about the dbtext module-
> I loaded the module and have written a text file table with user
>information in the format specified in the documentation. How do i check
>whether the table information is being used?

Have you tried to register a user whose information is stored in dbtext
subscriber table? Did it work? Or have you used it only for user location?

> the client is Windows
>messenger 4.7. I get a 404 error when i try to invite a user to start a
>conversation.

The user location information is stored in memory and duplicated to
database for a possible hot restart of SER. Did you restart the SER
after you registered the users and before trying to call?

>Also, the documentation mentions about an API specified by the
>SER DB interface. Where do i get this API?

The DB API is specified into 'sip_router/db' subfolder. There is some
documentation, too.

> I cannot administer with serctl
>now since it does not keep a record of all the users registered, it keeps
>record only of current user.

As I said above, the user location information about registered users is
taken from memory, not from database ...

Just a troubleshooting hint, try SER without database/dbtext support and
see what happens ...

Best regards,
Daniel