[Serusers] Too many connections in MySQL

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Oct 15 18:34:29 CEST 2003

see INSTALL:
-------------
D) ser with Persistent Data Storage

The default configuration is very simple and features many simplifications.
In particular, it does not authenticate users and loses User Location database
on reboot. To provide persistency, keep user credentials and remember users'
locations across reboots, ser can be configured to use MySQL. Before you proceed,
you need to make sure MySQL is installed on your box. Your MySQL server must be
configured to deal with a large number of connection. To increase it, set the
following line in [mysqld] section of your configuration file:

   set-variable    = max_connections=500

-jiri