[Serusers] Does SER support virtual IP interfaces?

Michael C. Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Tue Nov 25 23:59:05 CET 2003

Hi,

I've installed ser-0.8.11 on FreeBSD via ports.  Things run fine on a
private LAN.  I have setup a pp2p tunnel, which shows up as ng1 in
FreeBSD's ifconfig.  This allows Windows users at the remote end of the
tunnel to see the FreeBSD box just fine.  The pp2p tunnel runs over a
NAT'ed, public IP address to another box which does the same thing.

However, NAT isn't (or shouldn't be) in the loop as the pp2p tunnel
hides all this.   The public internet looks like one p2p link.  I've
verified the above via tcpdump using many different applicationss.

Private addresses are used on both LAN's.  Any box can see any box just
fine.  On one FreeBSD machine, I am also running SER.  It doesn't seem
to respond to the register SIP message.  SER is listening ONLY to the ip
address that corresponds to its end of the pp2p tunnel.

Before I dig into what I might be doing wrong, I'd like to know if the
above is even supported.

Thanks,
MikeC