[Serusers] multiple SER instances / REGISTRATION problem

Greg Fausak greg at addaline.com
Sat Nov 22 16:35:15 CET 2003

I'd like to run multiple SER instances on the same
database.  I knew from previous experiments that
would not be possible because of the cache.

However, I just tried running multiple SER instances,
on the same database, but in different domains.  This did
not work, they both wrote over each others location
entries in the database even though the domains on
each SER instance were different.

SER knows which domain it is in because of the

www_authorize("named.com", "subscriber")

authentication challenge.

So it seems reasonable that this instance of SER should only
mess with authorizations that it challenged.  Perhaps the
problem is with the initial load of 'previous' registrations.
When SER starts, it loads the current location table.  During
the load, ALL domains are loaded.  Perhaps only the domains
listed by the 'alias="domain"' should be loaded and tracked,
and all of the rest should be ignored for each instance of SER?

---greg