[Serusers] Sample Routing Script

Darren Nay dnay at libertyisp.com
Fri Nov 21 06:21:48 CET 2003

Hello All,

Sorry for all the questions.  I am new to this (both SIP and SER) and just learning as I go.  Thanks so much to all who have helped me so far.

I am just trying to setup some routing rules for our application and am not having any luck with getting them to work correctly.

I have a Cisco Router which acts as the PSTN gateway.  SER is installed on a Solaris box which is, of course, the SIP router, and then I have an SIP phone as the end point.

The Cisco Router (PSTN gateway) is located at IP 10.10.1.5, the SER box is 10.10.0.55, and the SIP phone registers as 10.10.1.134.  The telephone number assigned to the SIP phone is 864-678-3188.

The SIP phone registers with the SER server without any problems, and all calls are routed through the Cisco router to the SER server (from what I can tell) as well.  However, I don't know how to configure the routing correctly.

All that I am trying to do right off the bat is to get that one SIP phone to work.

My first attempt at writing a routing script looks like this (using a static route)..

        if (uri=~"sip:8646783188") {
            forward(10.10.1.134, 5060);
        };

I have tried many variations of this route but all to no avail.. :)

Does anyone have a sample routing script that should work for this specific configuration?  If I could see a sample then I think that I could build upon that.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Darren Nay - dnay at libertyisp.com