[Serusers] Alias

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Wed Nov 19 23:50:15 CET 2003

I am not sure I fully understand the description, but aliases should
work. Aliases are very simple, you can imagine them as permanent entries
in the user location database.

For example URI sip:jan at iptel.org can have aliases sip:5060 at iptel.org,
sip:9042 at iptel.org and so on.

When somebody calls either sip:5060 at iptel.org or sip:9042 at iptel.org then the
Request-URI will be rewritten to sip:jan at iptel.org and the processing
continues normally.

sip:jan at iptel.org will then be translated using lookup("location") to my
registered contact and forwarded to my phone.

SO when ser receives an INVITE sip:5060 at iptel.org then the Request-URI
will be rewritten to sip:jan at iptel.org when you call lookup("aliases")
and when you call lookup("location") later then it will be rewritten to
something like INVITE sip:jan at 1.2.3.4 (if I am registered from IP
1.2.3.4).

  Jan.