[Serusers] Alias

timlaa at luukku.com timlaa at luukku.com
Wed Nov 19 14:16:07 CET 2003

Hi,

In my SER the users can register either by using sip uri (name at domain) or numerical
sip uri (number at domain). Everything is ok if user registers with numerical format uri but
if the user registers with e.g. timlaa at domain type of uri (and also numerical uri exists for
the same user, but not active registeration) how can I then direct the calls from pstn to
this sip client or vice versa direct sip client's calls to pstn i.e. somehow the timlaa at
domain should be converted to user's number at domain uri format.

One solution I believe is to use alias. I read all the former posts and added the line lookup("aliases") in to my ser.cfg and
tried to test it by using serctl add alias command, but when the command is executed
it seems that ser will go to infinite loop (the only way to recover is to kill ser process and start
it again).

Or is this going to be a solution overall for the above described case ?

reg.
timlaa

Maksuton sähköposti aina käytössä http://luukku.com
Kuukausimaksuton MTV3 Internet-liittymä www.mtv3.fi/liittyma