[Serusers] Init.d script for Solaris

Stephan Schmidt stephan.schmidt at dai-labor.de
Mon Nov 17 16:44:25 CET 2003

Hi,

            I have installed SER from source distribution on Solaris 8
with MySQL properly installed and the ser.cfg edited according to the
Installation Notes. At this point the manual says that the init.d script
is not included for this system. Has anyone done such a script for
Solaris yet, and what other than the full path to the ser-folder must be
included? The manual says that it is possible to adapt one of the given
ser.init files from the source distribution, but the rpm and the debian
version are very much different, so I do not know which one to adapt.

Regards,

Stephan Schmidt,

Technical University of Berlin