[Serusers] SER and Asterisk as voicemail

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at voztele.com
Fri Nov 14 17:59:56 CET 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Alessio Focardi wrote:

Hello,

> JR> Not really. You don't need an entry in extensions.conf for every mailbox/user.
> JR> You can use something like this:
>
> JR> [default]
> JR> ;mapping from 34... to 93390...
> exten =>> _34XXXXXXXX,1,Goto(9339059${EXTEN:8},1)
>
> I'm not getting it, sorry, surely because I know nothing about
> asterisk.
>
> If my numbering plan for ser is from 0000000 to 9999999 how this
> tranwlates in Asterisk ?

Sorry, this was not the best example as we are using a combination of user id
and pstn number. This does not apply with your numbering plan.

> JR> ;voicemail extensions
> exten =>> _9339059XX,1,Wait(2)
> exten =>> _9339059XX,2,Voicemail2(u${EXTEN})
>
> Idem ! :)

Idem too.. :)

> JR> And then in voicemail.conf :
>
> 933905903 =>> 1003,User one, user1 at voztele.com
> 933905904 =>> 1004,User two, user2 at voztele.com
> 933905905 =>> 1005,User three, user3 at voztele.com
> 933905906 =>> 1006,User four, user4 at voztele.com
>
> One entry for every user, like I was fearing ... Is this cfg parsed
> only at Asterisk start ? I mean, if its parsed dinamycally maybe I can
> write a script to update it every time I add an user to ser....

I meant that you don't need to create one entry per user in extensions.conf .

I think it's only readed at startup but you can use the "reload" command when
needed without disturbing current connections/conversations/sessions.

By the way, you have mysql support in voicemail2 when compiled with
USEMYSQLVM .

Saludos
JesusR.

Jesus Rodriguez