[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] SER && SEMS over satellite

Olaf Menzel menzel at fokus.fhg.de
Tue Nov 11 11:07:08 CET 2003

Jiri Kuthan wrote:

>At 09:08 PM 11/10/2003, Olaf Menzel wrote:
>

>>We are using SJPhone For Windows 2000 and PocketPC and TkcPhone for the Sharp Zaurus.
>>

>xten could do a great job, it supports the very nice gips/ilbc codec.

I forgot TheKompany's TkPhone  for Linux

>>For native Linux we are playing aaround with kphone, linphone, sipset, tkphone, ... but did not get
>>suitable audio quality. We are still waiting for SJ LAbs Linux version. At leatest we'd like to substitute
>>all of the mentioned clients by a Java Client to be integrate it into the already developed J2ME geo-client.
>>What about the Sip communicator (https://sip-communicator.dev.java.net/) ? Do you have any expierences ?
>>

>what is java?

Mabye Google helps ;-)

There are 2 additional projects for JAVA SIP implementation:

- One of our students at FH Rhein-Sieg is working on it at:
http://devel.stud.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de/cvs/?group_id=50

- Nist has developed its Jain-SIP API and some apps based on this API:
http://snad.ncsl.nist.gov/proj/iptel/

Olaf