[Serusers] voicemail not working

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Nov 10 13:52:14 CET 2003

 From earlier posts:

The mode we built is running SER at a separate place than voicemail,
i.e., once SER as proxy, once SER as SEMS front-end, possibly at
the same host but at different port-numbers.

One-SER-only is workable too for off-line users, but I'm not sure
it is workable for failed called attemps (failur_routes in script).
I promised to look at it as time allow -- that still holds, the time
just has not allowed yet ;)

----
In response for frequent questions how to configure SER to operate
as voicemail2email server, I created an example file. Note that this
example operates as a stand-alone UAS, i.e., the configuration does
not operate in proxy mode -- it needs a proxy fronting it. (I will
try to look at the combined mode too, as soon as time allows.) Also,
the example needs to have sems up and running.

The example is on our CVS, see
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ser/sip_router/examples/voicemail.cfg?rev=1.2

--

here it is, an example config file for the proxy server serving
a separate voicemail server:

---

>Is there a config file example that support PSTN forwarding as well as vm support for the users ?

there is a separate example, examples/pstn.cfg in our source tree.

-jiri