[Serusers] Voicemail announcement files

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Nov 7 05:08:37 CET 2003

At 04:49 AM 11/7/2003, Gavin Bensom wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm having trouble getting SEMS to play greetings that I have recorded. I've recorded a greeting and saved it as default_en.wav and SEMS will play that greeting just fine so I know I have the correct file format, but when I upload a greeting via SERWeb, SEMS still plays the default_en.wav greeting.

SEMS plays files as identified by request-uri. You need to make sure
SER calls SEMS with uri set to username.

>SERWeb renames the file as <username.wav> (without the <> brackets of course) where "username" is the name of the user logged into SERWeb and stores the file in the same directory as default_en.wav.

That should work at least in theory but I have never given it a try.
A possible problem is SEMS uses now two-level directory with the
first level including domain directoried and per-domain directories
including the files.

Let me know if you learn more.

-jiri