[Serusers] Latest tarball...

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Sun May 25 21:32:31 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Sunday 25 May 2003 21:11, Dan Austin wrote:
> I'm not on the Ser Developers list, so if this is way out of place, I
> apologize.

yes this is the wrong list for CVS snapshots :-)

> I just downloaded the latest tarball (5/25), backed up my original setup
> and compiled/installed.
>
> The Install seemed to go OK.  The compile complained about
> Makefile.rules:77 missing directory for just about every module.  That was
> the extent of the errors, and the compile finished.

This is normal. It complains about missing dependency files. But this files
are generated right after the error message.

> When trying to start Ser, I am getting this error:
> May 25 10:34:00 gateway ser: parse error (74,19-20): unknown command,
> missing lo admodule?
> May 25 10:34:00 gateway ser: INFO: signal 15 received

We can not say what is wrong without the config file. Please ether send us
your config file, or take a look at your config file at line 74. Their is
something wrong.

> I'm using the sample config, with MySQL support enabled.
>
> Any pointers to what I screwed up?

If you read the included documentation (INSTALL) you should be aware that the
database and config files from version 0.8.10 are not compatible with the CVS
snapshot (upcomming 0.8.11). Their are modules splitted up, some commands are
obsoleted, and you have to update your database as well.

Regards
  Nils Ohlmeier