[Serusers] 483: Too many hops

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Wed May 7 15:39:30 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 15:11, srm at cs.stir.ac.uk wrote:
> I am just trying the new ser version from CVS, and I get a too many hops
> error message when a client tries to register. Any idea? I am running ser
> on Linux.
> I have tried both kphone 3.1 and spic 2.?? as user agents. I am sure I
> must have missed something in my configuration file. I attach the current
> ser.cfg.
> thanks,

i think your if (uri=="d254196.cs.stir.ac.uk") in line 92 is not correct
because you probably will not receive any request with such an uri. At least
their should be a leading 'sip:' in front of the hostname.
So every request went down to the t_relay and voila their you have a nice loop
which end with '483 Too many hops'.

Regards
  Nils Ohlmeier