[Serusers] Strict routing

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon May 5 22:39:26 CEST 2003

On 05-05 16:27, Gulherme Dal Pizzol wrote:
> Jan,
>
> If I'm working with RFC2543 compliant phones (such as ATA) may I use loose
> routing? Will cisco ata understand lr parameter and generate an ACK/BYE
> message correctly?

  Loose routing is backwards compatible, that means RFC2543 compliant
  devices should work with RFC3261 compliant servers.

  But there are some user agents that strip the lr parameter when
  generating Route header fields (i.e. Record-Route contained lr
  parameter but Route created by the user-agent didn't). If that is your
  case then you can use modparam("rr", "enable_full_route", 1) which
  will insert ;lr=on instead of just ;lr which worked for us.

  You should give loose routig a try and if it doesn't work for any
  reason then switch back to strict routing (please report such a
  misbehavior to me).

   Jan.