[Serusers] SYSLOG Error Messages

Ricardo Villa ricvil at epm.net.co
Fri May 2 02:53:15 CEST 2003

We have deployed ATAs that come with images 2.14 and 2.15.  Those images
have a parameter called NatTimer (and NatServer).  The manual describes
NatTimer as:
NatTimer
Description

This parameter allows you to specify a retransmission interval for sending a
dummy packet to NatServer.

The interval is in seconds and is specified in bits 0-11 of this parameter.
The upper 20 bits are reserved

and should be set to 0.

Value Type

Bitmap

0, which means that no dummy packets will be sent to the NatServer.

-----------

An ngrep of the dummy packet shows as:
U 67.35.13.22:5060 -> 200.75.73.22:5060
  00 00 00 00                                           ....

 So it is basically an empty packet and it causes SER to generate those
ERRORS in the SYSLOG.   I do not mind that those errors ocurr, but it is
causing our SYSLOG files to become full of this useless information.   I
guess an alternative for me would be to simply eliminate the source code
that puts the ERRORs in the SYSLOG but I was looking for a simpler way.

Thanks,
Ricardo