[Serusers] SYSLOG Error Messages

Ricardo Villa ricvil at epm.net.co
Thu May 1 19:49:46 CEST 2003

It all depends on how the NAT device handles the ports.  If the NAT device
changes the source port (5060) to something else when the ATA tries to
register with SER then you do need port forwarding.  But if the NAT devices
keeps the source port (5060) the same when it sends the packet out to SER
then you do not need port forwarding.  You only need to tell the ATA to send
a dummy packet to SER every 90 seconds or so.  The parameters are:

NatServer:<your ser server>
NatTimer:0x0000005a

We have encountered both types of NAT devices in our deployment.

Regards,
Ricardo