[Serusers] Regarding OPTIONS

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Sun Mar 30 04:05:41 CEST 2003

Sorry i do not agree with you. According to chapter 11 of rfc3261 you should
also be able to query the capabilities of a proxy server with an OPTIONS
request by using the server address without any user part as request uri.

The explanation is simple: you should ba able the query the minimal
capabilities of a server/proxy chain to your destination (allthough in this
case you are not requried to put the server uri into the ruir, but the proxy
may answer an OPTIONS request with Max-Forwards equal zero with 200 (and its
capabilities) instead of the normal 483).

  Nils