[Serusers] Accounting Script

Michael Haberler mah at eunet.at
Wed Mar 26 08:18:44 CET 2003

At 18:21 25.03.2003 -0600, Greg Fausak wrote:

>My partner (Andy Fullford) wrote our code that does this.
>
>We turned on SER accounting, deliver via SYSLOG, and have a script that
>scrapes all of that up and creates accounting records.
>
>In addition, we apply the syslog accounting output from our
>gateway routers to verify the INVITE/BYE sequences. Finally,
>we populate a database with the results.  We were going to
>use radius, but it didn't quite work right for us.  I think what we have
>cobbled together works really well.  We don't have any 'hanging' calls
>anymore....and even if we did we would catch them with the gateway
>accounting.
>
>We did not think the SER user base would be interested.  We use a postgres
>database and
>this doesn't seem to be mainstream.  However, if there is interest for this
>sort of thing perhaps we could donate it?

me as including the SER user base would be interested.

Also, we are migrating towards a Postgres shop here, so I would be very
interested in Postgressifying the whole thing, accounting and SER itself.

There was a post a while ago that somebody set out to do a DB interface
SER/Postgres; if this is under way, fine - if this project was abandoned,
we might chip in and do it - pleas get in touch with me

-Michael
nic.at