[Serusers] Iconnect

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at portaone.com
Tue Mar 25 00:47:03 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 05:22:27PM -0500, Ricardo Villa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if something like this could be possible with SER:
>
> If we use SER as the SIP server for a small company and they wanted to have
> access to a SIP PSTN Gateway, could we just open an account with Iconnect or
> Vonage and have all the company's PSTN traffic be redirected to the Iconnect
> SIP gateway by SER (SER would have to rewrite the INVITE so that the
> originator has the username/password of the account that we setup).
>
> In the eyes of Iconnect or Vonage the calls would be coming in from one
> user(the account that we opened).
>
> I know this is a little extreme but seeing that SER can rewrite and
> manipulate so many other things, maybe it could do this as well.

With some UAs allowing to have login id different from user id (such as
ata 186) you should be able to do it by configuring all your UAs with
the same login id/password, but with different user ids.

You will be unable to do it transparently in the SER, because SER isn't
call stateful, while handling SIP digest authorization requres it to be
so.

Alternatively you can use SER+B2BUA for this. Our company use specially
extended Vovida B2BUA, if you really need it we can give you our
patches.

-Maxim